Monday, December 7, 2009

Brief Encounters

A couple memorable quotes from passing:

While walking from USF, when asked if he knew the corner store owner:
“Oh Sam? The guy with the good wine and beer selection?”

Someone who’s been using a CSA for four months:
“The summer harvest was so much tastier than anything from the grocery store. Right now in the winter it’s been a little redundant, so we’re having to get creative, making lots of soups..”

From a man who used to work at Farm Fresh to You, another CSA who delivers to the city:
“I just got fired for some bullshit, so I’m definitely interested in joining your cause.”

An old man in passing:
“I hope this thing goes geometric. I support you guys.”

From a USF undergrad student who lives near the store:
“This neighborhood is into that kind of stuff!”

From a man who lives a couple houses down:
“I’m down for anything that’s local!”

From a random local guy while walking into the store:
“This is my man! If Sam trusts you guys, I’m in!”
Sam: “Are you just signing up for the hell of it?”

From an older gentlemen:
“Good luck! I’m from Danville...I grow my own stuff.”

From various males we spoke to in the store:
“Do you have a flier, I have to ask my girlfriend.”
"Do you have a flier, I have to ask my wife."

...see a connection? haha

1 comment: